Tomorrow afternoon I will leave Massachusetts. I am essentially finished with my packing, it's just a matter of putting everything I have gathered and organized into my second suitcase. Other than that everything else is handled. I cancelled the car insurance, cell phones, and closed a bank account. I am about to remove myself from the face of Plymouth, MA! Kind of scary even for an excited bride-to-be! Literally though, I am so ready to be with him! We are very used to Summers apart so this has not been an emotional separation at all. Rather, there is just a part of my heart that aches all the time. It is not usually sharp, unless I am having a hard time with something else and want his support, but it is always apparant. I can feel it when I eat my breakfast and when I go shopping and when I go to work and when I watch the news at night with my dad and when I go to bed. It is simply the ache of being away from one's very best and closest friend, love, supporter, partner, secret-keeper. It will be nice to be closer and ease that ache. I am, indeed, ready to be wrapped in his arms in the airport baggage claims!
I also have to update about the dress. I really do not know what to do with myself and that dress anymore. I woke up this morning and had lost two pounds since I last measured--two or so weeks ago. Needless to say, my dress is too big for me now. Of all the problems a bride faces, mysteriously shedding ten pounds in two months is not one I thought I would face. As a result I will be happily stuffing my face for the next three weeks and consuming as many calories as possible! Just kidding. Actually, I think we will take it to be altered again when I get to Germany. It is kind of crazy to try to attempt to gain eight pounds in three weeks. I would probably make myself sick and sluggish. I certainly do not need any slug!
I will write again tomorrow: My last day at my home as a single woman. Never ever again will I grace my home as just a daughter...soon I will be a daughter and a wife!
4 comments:
Your blog makes me happy :)
good luck with everything dee! love and miss you so much. have a safe trip, and enjoy yourself and you future husband! :)
oh, Deanna, your writings make me a combinaiton of happy, excited and emotional (sad)...I wish you all the very best! Thank you for sharing your feelings in writing, love hearing your inner thoughts, anticipations and butterflies. God bless you
:)
love you dee!
Post a Comment