Monday, April 11, 2011

Slow and Steady

Today I got up at 8:00. I did not have to work until 10:00, so I had planned to put something in the slow cooker before I left, but I needed ingredients. So I went to Farm Fresh and picked up some Russet Potatoes, beef stew meat, carrots, beef broth and some seasonings. I went home and chopped up 6 or 7 potatoes and threw them and the meat in the slow cooker with a mixture of red wine, cream of mushroom, beef broth, seasonings, and some other special things. I couldn't wait for dinner, especially since I did not have to make it when I got home! This is possibly one of my favorite things to eat and in the slow cooker it comes out so much better than it would in the oven for two hours at 300. On the way home from work I picked up some Take and Bake French baguettes from Harris Teeter--possibly the best bread that you can make at home of its kind.

It made me happy. I really need to take more advantage of my slow cooker.

No comments: