Monday, April 11, 2011

Nanny Diaries

Today when I got to work Mark was already screeching. This was a disappointment since I already had a headache. Two-year-old righteous anger and indignation, coupled with the fact that he is sometimes spoiled by a doting older sister and some others and he has developed this screeching whine when he does not get what he wants. It is rather amusing, the things that irk a two-year-old. He really does believe that the world revolves around him.
Thus, I am mean nanny Deanna when I give him time-outs and take away his toys if he refuses to clean them up. I know from experience that boundaries are the things that children scream for, but resist. He fights and screams and kicks when he is told "no". He cries and shouts angrily at me when I place him in time-out. But generally, two short minutes change his mind and with serious sobriety he will give me a hug and a kiss, say "sorry" and if there is a duty he needed to do he will go back and happily do it. See: He needs this as much as he hates it. Most of the time he is a sweet, silly, happy, loving little boy. I love him tantrums and all. He's my pal! Whenever I tell him that he says "no, you my pal, Na!"

No comments: