Recently, I've been churning out homework in record time. All this time that I have been in school I have been a somewhat slow worker. Mostly because I edit and agonize and proofread as I go. I do not like to leave a section until it is concrete and written well. I will be the first to admit that I perhaps go a little excessive-but, thus far, my hard, lengthy work has payed off nicely. Yet, here I am a Senior! It is this status of "senior" that is making me feel so close, yet so far away from being done. I've heard the term "senioritis" before as a joke. But I literally am suffering from it.
I guess I am burnt out. Almost done means that you are still working! And working is definitely what I've been doing, albeit speedier than my average. This speedy work is a result of being utterly sapped. I have to do it anyway, so I just do it faster with less nitpicking and then I can relax. Now that I am working a bit faster, I have learned something. I can still get A's and 100's even if it does not take me ages to complete my work. It is nice to know that I might be smart afterall. If only I had realized this two years ago....
1 comment:
I relate almost completely (especially the gradual but thorough approach) except that I've slowed down as May approaches and now I have a lot to do for the remaining assignments. >.<
Post a Comment