I am horrified and heartbroken by this footage. So often natural disasters seem so far away when I hear about them from the comfort of my home. But this...this is just devastating to watch. I have never seen anything like this! So much power, yet so calm. Simply flowing, like a giant wall of water, calmly washing away the lives of so many people. I cannot imagine going through something like this. I wish there was something I could tangibly do, other than pray. There is a pinch in my chest, where my heart rests. A pinch of anxiety and pain. I have always been able to feel the pain of others in a significant way. Sometimes though, it just sits, like a burden on me. I want to do something. Anything. I pray, but I know that this water is not going to miraculously recede; I know that the damage is not going to be repaired overnight. In truth, these people need God's love more than anything. They need a warm, safe presence to guide them through this terrible night and let them know that everything is going to be alright.
I have donated money to the Red Cross. I wish I could give more than I did. I wish I could give a lot more. But if we all give what we can, I know that we can make a huge difference in funding the resources that will be required to help rebuild Japan.
I hope that you will consider giving too. I am not one to encourage others to sacrifice themselves if I have not already sacrificed. But I have. You can donate too, by clicking here and visiting their donation page. If you, like me, feel the need to do something, donating is a tangible way to help.
Most importantly I am praying for Japan. Praying for God to be with the people and comfort them in this valley. Praying for strength for those who are there to help.
Deanna
No comments:
Post a Comment