Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ersten Schnee

Today it is snowing--beautiful, big, fluffy, white flakes. Sunday we had our first real snow, but it was merely a dusting. The sky has been spitting flurries since then. Today it decided to pour them down. For most of the morning it has been snowing. On my way to class at 7:45 there was about a centimeter. When I left class 30 minutes ago I walked home in a few inches! Needless to say, I am a little giddy inside. There is something about seeing the world covered in white, looking pure and new and clean, that makes me a bit wordless and fills me with wonder. Yes, it makes life a bit difficult for drivers and walkers and traveling (and all the people that hate it), but it also slows us down and if you stop for a minute and look around, it also can fill you with a bit of peace and contentment. There is a time for everything and in many parts of the world winter is a time for cold and hibernation and snow. A time for renewal. I can live with that.




No comments: