Wednesday, September 7, 2011
I'm Married!
As of today I have been married for a week and a half. To be honest, life feels pretty normal. We did not have much of an adjustment period. I think we were already mentally married and committed for so long that the "transition" was unnecessary. God has really blessed us with happiness. Our circumstances have not changed much. Things look as if they will continue to be difficult financially. I have loans to pay and still no job. He has a big test to take that has the ability to drastically change our future. We both have personal issues to deal with. Everyone has problems. I knew that getting married would not be a miracle fix for our problems. It has not been. Yet, these problems are somehow a bit smaller in our eyes now that we are one. I have an ally. I have a partner. We get to work together for the rest of our lives! And we have Jesus on our side. He is a part of us too and he has helped to knit us even closer together in such a short time. Marriage has been a wonderful and surprising gift so far. I am really excited for everything that is before us, the good and the bad, because I know I have my best friend at my side and more importantly, God will go with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, i am so happy for you! I takled to caren the other day and she feels the same way. Life is still life but it feels a little bit easier once two have become one! I look forward to this. I'm excited for you and this new part of life. It should be fun! I love you girlie, with all my heart! Enjoy your new love! Miss you!
Post a Comment