"AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH MEANS THAT DANGEROUSLY HOT TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED... WITH HEAT INDICES OF 105 DEGREES OR GREATER. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. DURING OPPRESSIVE HEAT AND HUMIDITY... AVOID PROLONGED EXPOSURE IN THE SUN... DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... TRY TO STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENT... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS" (Weather.com).I'm going to have to pray that I survive. It warns of heat illness and stroke for children and elderly, but I am the person who nearly faints and has heat exhaustion when it is 85 and humid. I think I am staying home, sheltered in the new a/c on the first floor, sipping lemonade, eating popscicles and watching movies. Yea...that's what I'll do! Sounds like this kind of heat should come more often.
I am sad that the grass is probably going to die. Dad has been busy over the past two months cutting it at least twice a week because it was growing so fast and healthy. This week, from heat and lack of water it has started to turn brown and prickly. It is so sad. Mom's hydrangeas too are going to need extra water lest they wither and die. I love those hydrangeas. They give me so much joy just to look at. I might have to water them myself!
Now off to work in a low ceiling, second floor classroom, with 12 other people and no air conditioning. I am so thankful for my job. I am so thankful for my job. I am so thankful for my job....
No comments:
Post a Comment