Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blessings

Had a wonderful, free, happy day :) Had the day off to deal with my car. God answers prayers. I raelly needed my car to be healthy. I needed it to cost under $400. I needed it to be fast. I dropped it off at 8. At 12 I got a call from the garage with a diagnosis and estimate: It needs new spark plugs and some new wires. That, plus Lube, plus oil change was a grand total of $270! Furthermore, after hearing that great news, I also found out that they might not get to my car today because they had a full load. However, around 2:45, I got a call that it was finished!!! Honestly, when I brought it in this morning, I was a ball of nerves. I always feel nervous when my car needs work. But I talked to God about it and told him that he had made this year easy for me. That things have been simple and smooth and that I trusted that this was going to be the same way. That if he could please help me out, I wanted it to be affordable and quick. I was so blessed by his answer.

Today, I also bought myself a new dress for graduation. I'm so excited now. It feels surreal. In addition, I found a great pair of shorts for an affordable price and they are something I need.

Tonight myself and 7 other girls went to Abeulos to celebrate the end of the year and for some of us, graduation! It was a wonderful time full of laughter and smiles. I am so blessed by them all.

Tomorrow, I have to say goodbye to my best friend that I met here at school and the most wonderful roommate, Abby. I think we might cry. I also get to start my last week at work. Bittersweet. Because I had the day off I lost another day with my little bug and his siblings. Sigh. I am not ready for the goodbyes at the end of the week. Not ready to say goodbye to the kids or their mother. They are my Virginia family. This is going to be tough. Breathe. Breathe.

But tomorrow, I will be happy to play cars and swing and watch Chuggington and sing "Issy Bissy Pider" and "Twinkle Sar" with my sweet little man. Every moment is a gift.

"All day yesterday I was very busy, and very happy in my ceaseless bustle" -Jane Eyre; Charlotte Bronte

No comments: