
I've been eating an apple a day. Not because I think it'll keep the doctor away, because my doctor is already nearly 600 miles away. I eat them because, gosh darn it, I like apples. Just like I've been doing ALL my reading, not because I enjoy it (not that I don't, sometimes), but because I like getting A's.
It has been nearly a week since I have written of my life here in Virginia Beach. Reading and typing and thinking has occupied most of my time lately. I am very happy to say that my first week of classes I have done all my textbook reading. Might not be that impressed, but if you have ever been to college than you totally get my elation. Plus, I had it done before class. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with such rigor for the rest of the semester, but there is nothing better than starting out on the right foot, right?
Let me tell you however, that all this week my fingers have been itching to tell you things. Time just is not as available as it once was when I was just a little scrawny girl. I feel like most of my time is spent figuring out and planning things. Figuring out what I'm going to eat, when I'm going there, how much reading I need to have done by Tuesday, how much that job will pay, where I parked, who I might borrow my Old and New Testament books from, how long I have until my laundry will be dry, Oh! and can't forget the Western Civ I book. The rest of my time is used trying not to stay up too late, making sure that I don't get distracted when doing my homework, editing, eating, running errands and a smaller fraction, socializing. I must admit, that besides the few events I have gone to for meet and greets I have not done much socializing. Dinner after church, a "hi there" in the hall, a volley of texting, watching tv with Frieder and his roommate...yes. That just about does it for me.
So please forgive me for waiting five days to tell you the rest of my somewhat boring and geekish college life.
I did spend the first three days of this work week at the Fodchuk's finishing up my nanny work for little Ansel. He grew extensively over the Summer. He is a louder, wilder, crazier, faster, more adventurous, cuter little boy than before. I was sad that I missed all Summer and a bit apprehensive about our reunion, but from Sunday when I went by to get my belongings from their garage, to Monday when I came in bright and early to play with him, he seemed to have remembered me. I had so much fun with him this week. He blows kisses now. Randomly throughout the day he just looks at you and smack! Then he smiles. It is adorable. He climbs on and off of the couch and other things.... He screams very loudly. He growls, which is too cute. And he eats like a man! His favorite thing to eat has to be "Nanna's." While I was there for three days he must have eaten about 4 bananas! At one point he had nearly two in one sitting. He just keeps banging on his highchair for more, more, more. It is great though because not only does he love bananas, but strawberries, apples, peaches, melon...he loves fruit. So I was pretty impressed and happy with that. Saying goodbye was not as hard as I envisioned, mainly because there is an opportunity for me to go see them in September or October. Amos and Katy were sad to see me go, I could tell. It is really heartwarming to see that kind of a reaction from someone you have only known for 6 months. I guess I really made an impression in their lives. I will not ever forget my time with them. It was truly rewarding to care for Ansel and watch him grow. I'm sure this is not the last I have seen of him.
I'll take this time to insert an apology to my sister, Amelie. She requested that I write shorter blogs, because her attention span just doesn't compute with two pages of interesting information from her big sister's college life. I really am sorry. I'd write shorter posts if I wrote everyday, but then you would be reading the same amount, only spread out. At least you have almost a week to read this. I think you will be okay. I'll try to get one in every 3 days, but I doubt that will happen.
My classes both went well. I'll have all of you know that I've discovered something about myself since I have been in VA that kind of scares me a bit. When I'm really hungry, I mean I haven't eaten in like 8 hours, I behave in an incredibly grumpy manner. It is terrible. I get all whiny and tired and just want to EAT! Haha. My sisters might say, welcome to the club, but I really am not liking this! So keep my attitudes in prayer. I'm not sure if it was just the stress of moving and starting classes but lately I can be really hysterical when I'm hungry.
I'm going to close shortly, but I have a few administrative things to deal with. First, if you guys read these, then by all means, COMMENT! I want to hear from you. You are my family and friends and I want to know what you think and what makes you laugh and how much you miss me. Second, if you have skype, im me. I don't have a camera or mic right now, because I left them at home, but I will once I have the money for one. Then you all can call me and talk realtime, as long as you have a high speed connection. My Skype id is: deanna.desrosiers
Thirdly I want to give you all my school address so you can send me letters, care packages, money, oh yea, I love money, or just letters of encouragement. A short note goes a long way in my life these days. So thanks ahead of time for your outpouring of love and support...and candy?
Deanna Desrosiers
1133-317 Centerville Turnpike
Virginia Beach, VA, 23464
With all my love to those back home,
Deanna Desrosiers
4 comments:
i miss you dee!
Haha, the part about your textbook reading I totally understand! I'm the same way...
Sometimes textbooks are so boring simply because of the way they are written.
haha, WELCOME TO THE CLUB.
ill say it. except i dont really
get to that point because i eat about every 8minutes as opposed to 8hours.
and yes, i almost died while reading
that my head hurts and ithink i have another two to read.
kill me! haha
and ansel is, as always, a major cutie.
Post a Comment